Guidelines For Repairing Electric Service
Oakdale Electric Cooperative (OEC) owns the following equipment and is responsible for maintaining:
OEC Overhead Electric Service:
- The wires from the transformer to the meter pole and the electrical connections on those wires.
- The meter pole, guy wires and ground rod.
- The electric meter.
OEC Underground Electric Service:
- The cable connecting the underground electrical transformer to the meter.
- Locating faults that occur on cable connecting the underground electrical transformer to the electric meter and the connections.
Coop consumers/members are responsible for maintaining:
Overhead Electric Service:
- The meter loop, including the meter socket.
- Fuses and/or breaker panel, including disconnect switches.
- Secondary service wires leaving the meter pole and connecting to other buildings/locations and the connections to those wires.
Underground Electric Service:
- Location and repair secondary service wires extending from the meter to other building and those connections.
- Any disconnect switches, fuses, and/or breaker panels at the meter.
- The meter socket.
- Supply own secondary service wire on a 600 Amp and larger electric service.