Residential Service Extension
- For a service extension with an approved septic and well, Oakdale Electric will determine the total footage then apply a cost per foot for any footage over 100 feet. When additional charges are assessed, a Contribution in Aid to Construction will be paid in advance of construction.
- For a service without an approved septic and well, Oakdale Electric will determine the total footage then apply a cost per foot. When charges are assessed, a Contribution in Aid to Construction will be paid in advance of construction. If a County approved septic and well is installed within 3 years from the date of connection the current consumer must notify the Cooperative to request a refund of the free allowance. In the event the service is disconnected before the end of the 3 year period and the location continues to be without an approved Septic and Well, the construction cost shall be forfeited to the Cooperative.
- If Aid to Construction has been collected, during the first 3 years from the date of connections and a new consumer connects to this same extension, the consumers will share in the cost and appropriate refunds will be made.
- If a temporary service is required, it shall be limited to one year and there will be an annual charge of $300.00
- The Cooperative reserves the right to make final determination as to the placement, location or routing of any line extension.
- The Cooperative reserves the right to determine if a line shall be constructed overhead or underground or a combination of both.
- OEC is not responsible for any damage due to unmarked or incorrectly marked private facilities.
- The Cooperative reserves the right to assess additional charges for the line extensions which may include, but not limited to, right-of-way clearing, road bores, abnormal terrain, underground construction out of season, and permit fees.
- The Cooperative reserves the right to waive any section of this line extension policy that otherwise might be applicable.