Procedures/Requirements for Commercial Service
1. Contact Oakdale Electric Cooperative:
- Obtain all the necessary permits/requirements from the municipality.
- Setup an appointment with a field engineer for an on-site visit with the member or the contractor representing them.
- Provide information about the building plans and location of the property.
- All new members are subject to identity verification and credit risk assessment. The member will need to provide their address, Social Security Number, and date of birth. A consumer deposit may be required before the service is energized.
2. On-Site Visit:
- The engineer will define options to extend the electric service.
- Determine the cost of building the service based on current charges.
3. Forms and Service Requirements:
- Membership Application - to complete, sign, and return.
- Line Extension Policy (Single Phase, Three Phase Small, Three Phase Large) - to sign and return.
- Easement - Provide OEC the legal description of the site with a copy of Warranty Deed or certified survey map. The property owners must sign and have their signatures notarized. Return the completed form to OEC.
- Per municipality - submit a Uniform Dwelling Code (UDC) Wiring Certificate, which the inspector will provide or submit a completed affidavit.
- Meter Applications/Requirements
- CT Cabinet Specs - member must furnish all lugs
- Transformer Pad Specs - 75 kVA and higher member supplies the pad
- Service must be wired per National Electric Code.
- Notify OEC when socket is ready. Be sure cable route is clear of all obstructions.
- Construction fees and ALL paperwork must be returned to OEC before scheduling construction.
- Electric service will be installed if the grade and landscaping is within 6 inches of final grade.
- The party responsible for digging will need to contact Diggers Hotline.
- Expose any private facilities in the flagged path (i.e.; septic system, member's underground cable).
- If applicable - the member should contact the telephone company to initiate their phone service, OEC may contact them to coordinate joint burial.
- The actual completion time varies depending on such factors as current work load, complexity of the service installation and weather conditions.
- When the meter is set and energized the service charges will begin.