WECA’s 2021 Youth Leadership Council (YLC) will be virtual as the state continues its recovery from the pandemic. The two-day event is set for Tuesday, July 13 and Wednesday July 14 from 8:00 am until noon both days. Participating students will receive a welcome package with a t-shirt and other YLC preparation materials prior to the event.
It is a unique opportunity for youth across Wisconsin to develop their leadership skills while learning the purpose, operation, and scope of cooperative businesses.
What will you do at the WECA YLC?
- See what makes the cooperative business model different and successful, then apply this knowledge to fun and challenging cooperative activities.
- Identify and learn how to develop your own leadership skills.
- Discuss cooperative careers with industry professionals.
- Be entertained and challenged by highly acclaimed motivational speakers who understand teens and talk about topics that are relevant in your life.
This is a by-teens, for-teens cooperative leadership conference! It is planned and developed by a youth board elected at the previous year’s event.
Attendees elected to the youth board will not only plan the next conference their way; they also have the opportunity to attend the annual National Rural Electric Cooperative Association National Youth Tour in Washington, D.C., the following June.
Who should apply?
- Student must be a son or daughter (or under legal guardianship) of an active member of OEC residing in the same household.
- Student must be entering his/her senior year of high school in the fall 2021 at one of our 12 area high schools: Brookwood, Mauston, Necedah, Nekoosa, New Lisbon, Pittsville, Reedsburg Area, Royall, Sparta, Tomah, Wisconsin Dells, and Wonewoc.
How to register?
- Sign up at http://bit.ly/2021YLC .
- Register by June 1, 2021.