Oakdale Electric Cooperative Donates $15,000 to Local Food Pantries
OAKDALE, WI – Oakdale Electric Cooperative donated $15,000 to 15 local food pantries to help fight hunger during the COVID-19 pandemic. The donation, made through the Federated Youth Foundation, is funded by unclaimed capital credits of the cooperative.
“With schools being closed and families losing their income, we felt it necessary to donate funding immediately to organizations providing this essential need to our service area,” stated, Chris Tackmann, Oakdale Electric Cooperative general manager/CEO.
The cooperative’s board of directors voted unanimously to donate $1,000 to each the following 15 local food pantries:
1. Ecumenical Food Pantry, Sparta
2. Neighbor for Neighbor Food Pantry, Tomah
3. Ontario Food Pantry
4. Wilton Food Pantry
5. Pittsville Area Neighbors Shelf
6. Reedsburg Area Food Pantry
7. St John Evangelical Lutheran Church Food Pantry, Reedsburg
8. Camp Douglas Food Pantry
9. New Lisbon Food Pantry
10. Community Sharing Pantry, Mauston
11. Wonewoc Union Center Food Pantry
12. Elroy Area Food Pantry
13. Necedah Food Pantry
14. Christian Life Fellowship Food Pantry, Port Edwards
15. South Wood Emerging Pantry Shelf, Wisconsin Rapids
Oakdale Electric Cooperative
Oakdale Electric Cooperative serves 14,000 members in five counties, including Monroe, Juneau, Jackson, Sauk, and Wood. Its dedicated employees live by the mission to provide safe, reliable, and affordable electric service to members and improve the quality of life in the communities they serve.